Thursday, March 31, 2011

First Game

Just finished the first game for the league went a lot better than I was expecting. 125 pt kill teams.
My list was:
5 scouts with camo cloaks
a missile launcher with relentless
a combi melta and power weapon on the sergeant with feel no pain
one scout with a bolter and furious charge
2 with sniper rifles.

Opponent was playing Dark eldar his list was:
3 Reavers
Heat lance on one
Power weapon + Cluster Caltrops on the sybarite with stealth

Not sure what other USR's the rest had. I lost to the leadership saves after losing 3 guys i had killed 2 of his jetbikes but the leader survived and hid out till I failed my leadership not much I could do about it. I was pretty happy it came down to who failed their leadership saves first I was expecting it to be a lot more one sided. Let me just add that bladevanes + cluster caltrops in kill teams are ridiculous. Getting to hit people whilst moving 36" a turn and getting a 3+ cover save for your troubles is completely rude.

2 comments:

  1. Nice list, I like it. I am painting a fiew raptors my self. How big an army will you do, and what are you think of having in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ultimate goal of the league is to get a nice looking 1000 pt army so ill probably finish up there.

    The projected list at the moment looks something like this

    Lias Issodon

    2x 5 man scout squads with missile launchers

    1x 10 tactical squad with missile launcher + melta gun

    1x 10 tactical squad with missile launcher + flamer

    1x 5 terminators with assault cannon

    1x landspeeder storm with multimelta

    1x landspeeder storm with heavy bolter

    This is just a first run list it may change as the campaign goes on but i think this is a reasonably solid list which is fairly fluffy as far as the raptors go

    ReplyDelete