Saturday, March 05, 2011

In the Beginning

They call me Fro, 

I have it pretty good when it comes to being a gamer, I am manager of a small gaming store in my home town, long hours, low pay but plenty of people around to learn the craft from. I haven't been into war gaming all that long either, I got my position from having played Magic: the gathering for the last 10 years. I dabbled in miniature games at the very start getting in all of about 10 games in a year or so but soon gave up as the players just weren't there to make it worthwhile. Over the years M:tg has been my game of choice but i have played any number of various RPG's and numerous other card games.

When I opened the store I thought it might be a good chance to get back to my first interest, and I have been making up for lost time furiously cutting, gluing and painting my way through way too many little plastic men. My efforts are a little haphazard at best I have very few miniatures that most people would consider finished let alone an army that is anywhere near completion.

Im a 20 something Gamer from Australia. I'm not much of a writer, I'm not an avid blog reader or blogger and I'm not even much of a painter, but I do like to game and motivation is hard to find these days so I thought maybe if I make a blog of my miniatures and gaming experiences I might be more motivated to get more done. If someone likes this enough to have a read every once in a while fantastic, if not that's not really what its all about is it.

So here goes