Saturday, March 05, 2011

Motivation

As I said in my opening post something I am lacking is motivation to complete armies/miniatures/stuff in general.

So when my offsider at the store suggested a Badab War based build your army competition for the stores next league I was all ears. Basically the plan is that everyone involved will have a $65 budget and a point limit each fortnight to add to their armies with the ultimate goal being to have a 1000pt themed showcase army by the end of it. One week of the fortnight we will judge each others armies, the other week we will play with what we have with the points for the games being added into the normal league results and the points for the painting counting towards a separate prize... 

The armies that are allowed to build from are the ones involved in the Badab War.
The choices were Space marines and Chaos space marines (all different flavours), Orks, Dark Eldar, Grey Knights, Tyrant Legion (Lugft Hurons army list detailed in Badab War pt1)



I should probably clarify right now i have a small obsession with infiltrators/stealthy types in most games I play... my default D&D class is rogue, my current Space Marine army is an entire scout force (the only guy not in carapace armour is the commander) and my Tau were filled with Kroot and stealth suits. So when it came to choosing an army for this campaign there was only one option for me 

The Raptors

According to the fluff these guys are experts at guerrilla warfare, ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics. Adapting to the situation to get the best results. It might seem a little silly to you to make another SM army that is basically the same as the one I have now but if you had seen my existing marine army you would understand.  



No comments:

Post a Comment